As such, when I saw that Blake tagged me I immediately stopped creating another mix tape to listen to and started to fill it out!
1. What are you wearing?
Wouldn’t you love to know, PERV.
2. Ever been in love?
Yes. In fact, I’m loving all 12oz of this beer bottle right now. (Edit: I started this while at home, finishing while eating my lunch at work)
3. Ever had a terrible breakup?
If all breakups aren’t at least a bit terrible either you’re 1) extremely flaky / noncommittal or 2) lying to yourself 3) completely narcissistic
4. How tall are you?
Look, I know what you’re getting at. There have been MANY studies showing how height doesn’t correlate to the size of “that”. But, since I see you’re not going to give it up – it depends on who is asking, but I’m 5’9”.
5. How much do you weigh?
Anywhere between 145-150. But, it fluxes a LOT. I’ve been known to drop 5-6 pounds after a long run and hold on to an extra 3-4 when I eat too much cheese. Having weighed 195, I take very drastic action when I get above 155.
6. Any tattoos?
Nope. Not really my thing. Less because I’m opposed (my brother has a lot of very cool ones) and more because I’m not sure what I’d get. Just think to yourself… There was a time when tramp stamps were REALLY popular.
7. Any piercings?
This survey is really getting into my underwear drawer, isn’t it?
8. Favorite song?
This is probably an all time fav.
But I will admit that I love singing this one too:
9. Quality you look for in a partner?
Proximity to my house is a plus, able to run a similar running pace, easy to talk to…. Wait, this meant running partner right? Good heavens I’m glad I know Ryan and Jeff. Wait, I have two people that I’d like to consider my partner. Does that make me a whore?! If that makes me a whore than I’m going to buy myself some clear heels and a stripper pole! KIDDING!!! I already have both.
10. Favorite quote?
- If you always do what you’ve always done then you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
- Home is not a place but who you’re with.
- (Adam's cliff notes: get out there and get it done. You might fail, but that is fine. Try until you succeed) It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Teddy Roosevelt
- Goals you don't pursue aren't goals, they're dreams, and dreams only make you happy when you're dreaming.
11. Favorite actor?
That one guy in the thing who was all “oh MANNNN” and I was like LOLOLOL and he was like “dude I’m the best” and I’m all, I know!!!!
12. Loud music or soft?
I want to say loud, I REALLY REALLY do… But soft. Unless it has a good beat that I can twerk to. In that case, crank it to 11!! (to kids still say crank it to 11?)
13. Where do you go when you’re sad?
I get very quiet and resent people for not realizing I’m sad and cheering me up. LIKE EVERYONE DOES.
14. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
It seems to be getting longer and longer. Without my son to also get ready, maybe 30 min if I have to. I like to take 45 min which includes a cup of coffee. With my son…. 4 hours?
15. Ever been in a physical fight?
I’m a lover, not a fighter. Unless you want to fight, then I’m a runner.
16. Turn ons?
Paying bills on time, laughing at my jokes, telling crappy jokes that remind me of a better joke that I can then tell which you laugh at (because of my superior joke telling ability)
17. Turn offs?
Swearing, telling me you like to discuss geopolitical issues at length, clutter, not laughing at my obviously hilarious jokes
Dying alone. (I like to get some serious answers in there to keep you on your toes)
19. Last thing that made you cry?
Meb winning the Boston Marathon and tearing up when he teared up and screamed in excitement….because I’m a little girl.
20. Last time you said you loved someone?
Yesterday to my son.
21. Meaning behind your YouTube name?
Well, I have two… AdamRISU and TheBoringRunner. AdamRISU is my name (Adam) my last name initial (R) and ISU is for my alma mater – Iowa State Univ. The Boring Runner is a play on how boring our sport really is… At the heart of it, we’re just falling forward one foot at a time… over… and over… and over again… Hell, even the “exciting” part of our sport (track) is like NASCAR without the advertising.
22. The relationship between you and the last person you texted?
Hmmm, as I type this it is my son’s nanny. I expect that is not what this question was meant to address…. Either way, my son is very sleepy but still doling out the zerberts (putting your mouth on someone’s arm / cheek / neck and blowing thus making a farting noise).
23. Favorite food?
Beer. Is beer a food? Or maybe wine? Wait, that makes me sound bad. Uhhhh, steak. Steak is my favorite food…along with a great red wine…mmmmm wine... wait...shit.
24. Place you want to visit?
The best 26.2 miles of every single state.
25. Do you have a crush?
My new fridge makes crushed ice? If that ever breaks, I hope that Kara Goucher can deliver me ice.
26. Last time you kissed someone?
Well, I mentioned the zerberts my son gives out…. So, I guess those count.
27. Last time you were insulted?
I’m not sure that grown adults insult each other to their face very often, do they? Either way, I can think of one example and I’m not telling. [insert zerbert noise here]
28. Favorite piece of jewelry?
I have a watch that I bought when I got promoted a few times back about 5 years ago. It is a symbol of a lot of hard work.
Soooo, you’re supposed to tag other people to fill this out when you’re done. Yeah, I don’t do that. So, if you want to fill this out, you should. If you don’t want to, probably best not to. However, let me know if you do! I’d love to read it.