Point is, I realize that this blog is read by at least 3 dozen Russian porn blog-comment robots and I can only assume that they don’t know much about the 4th of July. (After hours of painstaking research, I can tell you that what the Russian porn robots DO know about is dirty. Very dirty.) Anyway, the day is spent doing things that are just about as American as you can imagine. Grilling meat with fire, drinking beer, wearing cowboy hats, and blowing shit up.
I was visiting my family in the Midwest while staying at my dad’s lake cabin. It was a blast. Well, it was pretty tiring to chase after my son all week on my own and I got pretty sick half way through, but other than that, totally fun!
This was basically the only time he wasn't running around 90mph
Oh yes, family bonding time... Can you feel the love?
Seriously though, they're both going to kill me for posting this. Not flattering for either.
What to do while everyone is on their phones? Duckface double chin selfies. Duh.
On the boat going to 4th of July fireworks
Yeah, he lasted about 3 minutes after this picture was taken and was out like a light.
I know I haven’t spoken much about it, but I'm running a marathon this weekend!! The Missoula Marathon!! It is just going to be a training run for me because I’m still (horribly) out of shape, but I’m still super looking forward to it. Let me count the awesome things about it:
- Big Sky Brewing (Moose Drool brown) is one of the main sponsors. Let me repeat: a micro brewery is one of the sponsors.
- Related, there is a beer run on Friday night before. Let’s just hope that I only leave my dignity at the door and not my pants as well.
- The race photos are FREE to download. Suck it MarathonPhoto and your $70 to pay for pictures of me looking constipated! I get constipated pictures for FREE!!
- Jeff Galloway is going to be there to add to my list of meeting elite runners. Do you think he likes beer?
- I’m traveling alone, which is sometimes bad, but I’m looking forward to the time to
run around nakedthink.
- The race website "warns" about 5 min lines for the port a pots at the start. They were seriously apologizing ahead of time that it might be that long. Oh Missoula, I already want to kiss you on the mouth
- HELLO, IT IS FREAKING RUNNING
- Did I mention the beer part?
So, I’ll do a race preview after the beer run, but it should be a blast!