So, if I ever get hurt and can’t run I’m assuming that I’ll be in some sort of mental purgatory (like in Office Space!) where nothing seems real and there are no consequences! (This morning – did 5 miles at an average pace of 8:15. True to form, I had to stop around mile 4 to goto the bathroom. Good news is that it was helping me drop the 7 pounds I gained post marathon)
As I was putting together my race schedule, it seemed like races were falling into three categories:
- Marathons to either add to my 50 states goal or work towards Boston qualifying
- A series of 5Ks that only cost $35 for all 5
- Local races that I try to do every year
Here they are:
- 1/8: Freeze Your Thorns Off 5K - Race Report (18:32)
- 2/20: Lost Dutchman 1/2 Marathon - Race Report (1:29:17)
- 4/6: Move your PHI’t 5K - Race Report (Fun Run)
- 4/17: Pat Tillman 4.2 Mile - Race Report (Fun Run)
- 5/1: Oklahoma City Marathon - Race Report (3:34:25)
- 5/28: Arizona Road Racers Summer Series 5K #1
- 6/5: Rock and Roll San Diego Half Marathon
- 6/11: Marathon to Marathon
6/12: Summer Series 5K #2
- 7/4: Summer Series 4 Miler #3
- 7/16: Summer Series 5K #4
- 8/14: Series 5K #5
- 9/11: I did a green run 10K
- 10/??: Misc Marathon?????
- 11/5: Rock and Roll Savannah Marathon
- 11/??: Mi Amigo Turkey Trot 10K
The marathons that are currently on my schedule are the Oklahoma City Marathon, the Marathon to Marathon (Iowa), and Rock and Roll Savannah. I’d love to do another early fall race if I could, let me know if you have any suggestions! The Marathon to Marathon is 20 miles from where I grew up and RnR Savannah is going to be my BQ 3:10 or 3:05 attempt come hell, high water, or peeing my pants.
The summer series was just too good to pass up. For $35 bucks, I get 5 really competitive, fairly large (500 people or so) races that will really challenge me from a speed standpoint. These are races that I can run a 18:30 5K and not finish alone – I’ll be jogging with people the entire way.
Does anyone else have any other races that they like to do every year? Turkey Trots are my fave – if I could do that one every weekend I would!
By the way (teaser alert) – tomorrow will be my 900th post. I might not get to it until Friday, but I’m going to try to make it fun.