- I had a killer intervals session this morning. (Does that make me a surfer dude for calling something ‘killer’?) I haven’t done them in MONTHS (since my stress fracture) and getting out there really felt good.
- Intervals are probably my favorite workout – I’m kind of a masochist like that. It is just too fun to see the fast times in my log. I did 4x800 @ 6:21 pace with 800 of recovery in-between around 9:00/pace. I’m going to work back up to a solid 8x800 by early April. That will put me in a good position to hit RnR SD hard and fast.
- Much like Tiger Woods’ chance at husband of the year, my iPod shuffle is circling the toilet. For that matter, my headphones are too. A picture to describe what I mean:
- It started to act funny when I poured a glass of water on my head during RnR AZ. FAIL. Because I am a complete tight wad, I’m going to keep using it until it doesn’t work at all. I do have an iTouch but since (even in the winter) I sweat more than Danny Devito in a sauna there is no way that I would take it on the run.
- Consulting is funny. I eluded to it before, but my project funding was canceled about a week ago and today is my last day on my current project. I’ll end up with something starting up next week (no worries for me), but until then I have NO idea where I’ll be on Monday and what I’ll be doing. It is like Christmas morning, only far far suckier.
- Good luck to RunningLaur who is running the Desert Classic half marathon on Saturday. It is her first race on her quest to join half-marathon maniacs! I know she’ll do great.
- Finally, since this IS Friday, that means only one thing:
beer at lunch!funny foto Friday! Hahaha "shhhhhh, daddy's working!!"