- After taking a rest day, I had a really solid tempo run on Wednesday. I did 8 miles total, 6 at tempo of 6:49 pace. During the run I got a bit dehydrated so I loaded up on water during the early morning hours. 70 oz of water and 3 hours later, I was a peeing machine!
- My running is really clicking right now. Clicking a little TOO well. I’ve sort of become (even more) one of those bubble boy guys who is afraid to do anything – lest I fall while screwing around in the parking lot and pull an ass muscle. No more crazy activities for me - unlike the kiddos to the right. (Of course, since typing that I had a pretty sluggish Marathon Pace run Thursday……hopefully just a blip)
- Speaking of my running clicking, I’ve recently set two awesome PRs (18:50 5K and 3:23:53 marathon) and I need to up my “normal” training paces. Am I the only one that sort of groans about the thought of faster training paces? I know I can run the faster paces (and need to) but getting in the mindset of actually ratcheting everything up by 15 seconds a mile is a bit hard to wrap my head around. What can I say, I’m a lazy runner.
- Its What Moves Me just had her baby, 3 weeks early. EEK! For some reason that hit me like a ton of bricks. My wife will be 35 weeks on Monday and therefore is to the point where if it happens, the doctors won’t stop it. More terrifying than a disgruntled Justin Beiber when he runs out of mousse.
- Finally, I have never (and probably will never) ask for money on this blog. Said in my best George H. W. Bush voice “Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent”. However, a friend of mine is looking for some love - Laura from Absolutly Fit who is the current WORLD record holder for being the youngest person to run a marathon in each of the 50 US states.
Together with the training, Laura and Justin Gimelstob are working to raise money for the Justin Gimelstob Children's Fund. Here is when the fun part comes in. Like we all would have, Laura started a blog (http://beatroddick.blogspot.com/). As part of the fund raising activities she is raffling off two things:
- The chance to be her date at the Justin Gimelstob after NYC Marathon party
- The opportunity to store your stuff / shower / etc at her place if you are running the NYC Marathon since she lives 3 blocks away from the finish
So, for $5 an entry, you can help save the kiddies, beat Roddick, and hang off of a world record holder's arm for a day. Go to her BeatRoddick blog for more details.