Since I haven’t posted since Monday, I’m going to combine a number of posts in this one. It is going to be part Funny Foto Friday, part innuendo, and part running update.
Monday 5 recovery miles
Tuesday 7 miles w/ 5 at tempo of 6:53
Wednesday 7 miles at MP of 7:38
Thursday 5 miles with 5x800 at 6:29
My running has been really up and down. I think that my 5 hours of sleep a night is really starting to catch up with me. However, putting a sliver lining spin on it, I like to think of it as training for when we have a baby.
The tempo run on Tuesday was particularly bad. I had a crazy side stitch that would not go away. I tried all of the normal remedies to no avail: I stopped and stretched it out, tried belly breathing, sweared at it, tried drinking water...nothing worked! I eventually gave in and took a 30 second breather and tried to rub it out. Not even massaging my side worked. So, I just grunted it out - literally. I was totally that guy at 10pm in the hotel gym running on the treadmill grunting under my breath. I'm sure I was a sight to see.
Funny Foto Friday
Popeye said it best.
One specific difference are my cleanliness habits.
Devil: "We're in a hotel!! Just throw your wet running clothes on the floor and at least throw your garbage in the direction of the trash - everything else just flush down the toilet."
Adam: "What do you think Angel?"
Angel: "Whatever dude, I'm on vacation"
For example, here is a picture of my home office. I had cleaned it up a bit because people were coming over but this is usually what it looks like. (As you can see, one of the guests was my wife’s aunt, doing her best impression of me “working”.) Note that everything has a place:
- My laptop on the table
- Notebook to one side
- And for the record my race medals in the back. :)
My work office in San Jose is a completely different story. Where to start?
- I count not one, two, three, or four, but FIVE stacks of papers. You know, one for old stuff, one for stuff that needs updating, one full of papers that should not have been printed but I felt guilty after I did print them
- A water bottle that I know was at least two days old
- A water cup that replaced said water bottle
- If you look to the left of the water bottle, you’ll find the MASSIVE ball of cords that I refused to untangle in my caffeine deprived state as I unpacked in the morning. Somewhere in that, my cell phone charger got plugged in to the wall and to my cell phone
- That desktop computer in the corner? Doesn’t have a monitor….and the keyboard is up on the shelf
Do you have a work persona and a home persona? How about when you travel - do you go all Motley Crew and decimate the hotel room?