- I posted on twitter this morning that ”Two bad runs might be a coincidence, three bad runs is a pattern. Need to find my mojo.” I ran 7 miles this morning, 5 of which were supposed to be tempo of 6:55. My splits were instead 6:53, 6:59, 7:42 (took a break at the half), 7:23, 7:31 (!!). My legs felt tired and I just had no go-juice. I am pretty sure the summer heat is starting to take its toll. I’m going to rest up, drink plenty of
beerwater and continue plugging away.
- Even though my runs haven’t been like I would like, I do know they will get better – I just need to continue to get out there and get them done. Like I am VERY fond of saying: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while….and so too shall I find my legs.
- Since I am in a bit of a running slump, I am really glad I needed new shoes. I picked some up via RunningLaur this weekend. For a someone like me, there is nothing like
Saturday night - new underwear!the smell of new shoes. They just SMELL fast. My old shoes (on the right) however, smell like a mixture of zombies and failure. Out with the old!
- Last night I met up with Jeff and RunningLaur for a “non running clothes dinner”. I initially thought about showing up in a spandex cycling outfit, but thought better of it. We had sushi in a pretty trendy sushi bar called Ra – which was horribly ironic because it is in the middle of a ghost town/wild west part of Scottsdale, AZ. It was fun to see the crew without sweaty hair and rosy cheeks.
- Did core this morning. Ouch.
- Finally, my wife has been hard at work growing a baby while I have been hard at work freaking out about the possibility of another mouth to feed. As evidence of all of her efforts, here is her 23 week picture. My little man doesn't look a day over 22 weeks.