- Much to my wife's surprise, I didn't die over the weekend. Was I injured? No. Was there some sort of blunt force trauma**? No. I was sick. I am pretty sure that there is something with having male genitalia that makes being sick much much worse. I sure do seem to have a worse time of it than my wife.
- Even though I am sick, I am still running - or at least trying to. I ran on Sunday after an inch of rain fell making the normal 90 degrees quite a muggy and buggy nightmare. I ran 13 miles on Sunday, 5 miles on Monday. Even though I have a bit of a cough, it honestly isn't bad enough to slow down (I feel). Even though the "golden rule" is above the neck: run.....below the neck: don't run.....my golden rule has always been: "if it is yellow let it mellow, if it is brown flush it down"
- I'm starting a brand new project at a brand new client in Silicon Valley. That means that I'm putting in TONS of hours and my head in spinning - and not just because of all of the cold medicine. Unfortunately, even though I'm at a software company, I have to share internet with the person that I am replacing. No blogs, no twitter, no fun.
- The word "bromance" was recently added to The New Oxford American Dictionary. Other additions? "Microblogging" and the turkey, duck, chicken delicacy of "Turducken". So, either I am the head author of the prestigious dictionary or whomever decides new words is VERY cool. Anyone who would want to officially recognize blogging, delicious food, and a little heterosexual man on man love is just fine by me.
- Finally, and I cannot make this up, a woman in England got caught on camera THROWING AWAY a live cat. (Rather, trying to - cat is fine.) The best part is how friendly she was to the cat at first. Take a look below. Let this be a lesson to you....if you are cute and cuddly, old ladies in England will throw your ass away.
**That's what she said