On the surface (get it?? Water? Surface? I'm on a roll!!) there are a lot of things to like about swimming. In fact, it seems a lot like running only wetter. Here are some of the things that I could find that are awesome about swimming:
- There isn't a lot of 'gear' needed. Since I
haveam a crazy tight ass, the less I need to buy the better.
- The star of the sport has somehow managed to smoke pot while being a role model and still retain a six pack.
- The hotel that I am staying at has a half Olympic sized pool with lanes painted on the bottom of it and I have a 'normal' pool in my back yard.
- It is socially acceptable to wear a speedo...I hope.
- I get to scare children with my pasty chest (and my speedo)....do I really need any more reason than that?
Michael Phelps says dive in! Followed by Rawwwwrrrr
So, tonight I'm going to go to wal-mart (or somewhere) and pick up a pair of goggles. Any advice on other things to get?
If you don't have any advice, what about answering these questions:
- How long should I go for?
- What sort of stretches should I do before/after?
- Will I be OK with just my swim trunks (for now)?
- Which way should I take off my shirt? (See Below)