- First, if you haven't entered the giveaway for a $50 Road Runner Sports gift card then go enter! Just like they say for Powerball
give me your money, suckers!you can't win if you don't play!!
- My wife is sick. She isn't "I'm sorta tired I'm not going to go to work" sick, she is "I'm planning on sleeping all day and coughing/sneezing all night" sick. So, you know what that means!?! Frosting and ice cream for dinner! (No need for cake, too many healthy ingredients....eggs? flour?...boo)
- I postponed my run that was scheduled for this morning until tomorrow when I am running a 5K. I'll plan on doing a mile warm up, the 3 miles of the race, and then a mile cool down. Then, I may just have to finish it off with some beer curls.
- The race tomorrow should be interesting. The course has a lot of tight turns and I am planning on running it pretty hard. If that doesn't sound like a broken-ankle-good time I don't know what does. I'll probably go out at around a 6:20ish pace and hold on for as long as I can. I really want to push it hard to test my fitness, but not TOO hard. You know?
- Finally, even though Arizona residents are a bit crazy with their guns sometimes (e.g. you can bring a non-concealed gun into a bar....IN TO A BAR!!) I have to think that Texas takes the cake. Exhibit A: The governor of Texas trail runs while carrying a loaded 38 special. Not only that, but the other day he shot a coyote that was attacking his dog. (For the record, I would have done the same thing) All I can say is that I hope that his holster was sweat wicking...He sure would chafe if it was just tucked into his gym shorts.