- I ran again this morning. 3 miles, 8:00 pace. Before my wife gives me a really hard time about running again, I had every intention of spinning for 30 or 45 minutes but all of the bikes were full. So, I had no choice but to run! I sure as hell wasn't going to try drowning myself again.
- For the life of me I can't force myself to hop (or is it elip't?) on the elliptical. For some reason I feel like I am hoping on clouds....possibly carrying an Easter basket....wearing a bonnet**.
- Coming back from injury is interesting. Just like during a taper mode, I find myself hypersensitive to any ache, pain, or itch that I have. While running my mind is normally blank. Now it is racing to focus on my form, body feedback, why Kanye West is such an ass, stride length, and fart output (off the charts!). It is exhausting! I can't wait until I can just zone out again and get to thinking about what guys think about most of the time
- Last night I finally was able to connect with a friend who also travels for work and is also working in silicon valley. The best part? She runs! So, as soon as I get back at it we'll plan on going for some runs and enjoying the various office buildings and broken sidewalks that San Jose has to offer.
- Finally, I'll admit that I am a little scared. I have another marathon in 8 weeks and I am doing back flips about being able to run 3 miles. I was thinking on the drive into work today that all that I have to do is run that 9 times over and I'll have 27 miles. Piece of cake,**** right?
**Singing Mary Poppins songs doesn't seem to help any either
***Actually, mostly sex
****Cake made of fail