Man, I need a laugh. This week, my first working from home for longer than a day or two in over a year, was like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. So, I go to my old standby: Ruminations. Check out the site, worth the time.
- You don't have to keep telling me, "Dude, I'm so drunk." I know what drunk looks like and you're not it. See Phil over there hitting on the coat rack? That's drunk.
- There are officially too many places for me to have a status
- I don't know about everyone else, but if I "lived each day as if it were my last" I'd probably be in jail right now.
- Coconuts are God's cruel joke for shipwrecked sailers. "Here's some food. All you have to do is shinny up that 50 foot tree, crack open 2 husks, and then attempt to scrape the meat out with no knife. Good luck, f*cker."
- How come breakfast is the only meal without dessert? Maybe I want a heaping bowl of ice cream after my eggs or a piece of chocolate cake after my cereal. I do it anyway, but I'd prefer the social norms to back me up here.
- My favorite part about winter is all the sexual innuendo during weather forecasts. "We're going to get pounded hard tonight by eight inches. Expect it to last all night and be prepared for a whiteout in the morning." Giggity...
- Rocking a killer hangover at work after drinking 3 beers with dinner the night before, I refuse to accept "getting older" or "low tolerance" as valid explanations. No, no I was clearly roofied. Yes, at The Cheesecake Factory.
Finally, for Funny Foto Friday I decided to post a picture that is less funny and more cool. Look closely you crazy triathletes. In fact, this one is so cool, I'm going to site the source - Details magazine online in an article about how Triathlon is the new status symbol. Interesting read.