- On paper, I had a great tempo run on Tuesday. 5 miles, 4 at tempo of 7:08 pace. The reality is that the run was a struggle from the start. So bad that I did the math-nerd mind game of calculating the fractions of time that I had left. “Nice, I’m twenty third fiftyiths done (23/50)” But, I got it done. Anyone else do that?
- Like I’ve said before, I’m in the San Fran area (San Jose). On the news the other day, they said that one of the “Full House” painted ladies houses is for sale! If you have an extra $4M laying around, it could be yours! Make sure you lock your back door – Kimmy Gibbler I am SURE is still lurking around - Probably looking for meth.
- I still don’t have a working iPod…or headphones (that aren’t those GOD DAMN iPod white ones that pop out of my ears like a potato out of a spud gun). The hotel gym that I work out in has TVs on all of the treadmills. Nothing makes me more depressed than watching the History channel and not hearing or knowing if the Super Volcano in Yellowstone is going to blow up next week or in 2012. By the looks of it, it is certainly going to be one or the other. A trip to Wal-Mart/Target this weekend is a must.
- I'm hungry. No, like HUNGRY hungry. I ate a huge breakfast 2 hours ago and I could totally eat again. I seem to get this way whenever I run more than 40 miles per week. It is probably a combo of
eating nothing but 14 GUs all day longnot enough snacking during the day and my low body fat. I bought a bunch of cliff bars at Target last night, hopefully that will help a little. If not, bring on the feed bag! Oats are FULL of carbs, but I guess the green poop I could do without. Give and take I suppose.
- I still don’t have a signed contract for my current job. Basically that means that I am not “officially” supposed to be in California, I can’t “officially” join conference calls, or “officially” meet any of the people that I am going to be working with. I think that should “officially” mean that I should be at home in my underwear watching the Price is Right.
- Finally, I was tagged by Ulyana to put together my bucket list. Since I am very thoughtful for these things I didn’t want to crank one out all willy-nilly for today. Look for that tomorrow. I promise there won’t be ONE entry about shot-gunning a beer at a hotel room party (already done!).
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Just like a 5 year old on espresso, my head is all over the place today: Running, work, Lady Gaga’s hair, blogging, LOST, etc. You know what that means!
Break out the vicodine! Adam’s favorite: Bullets.