So, to avoid any more brain damage, here is only the last year at a glance of course, by the numbers:
- Miles ran: 1285
- Races: Two marathons, one 10K, four 5Ks
- Miles biked: 130 (this is a very raw number as I didn’t track any of my trainer mileage)
- Nipples chaffed: 0
- Allergic reactions to band aids on nipples: 300,000 (my wife won’t let me post pictures :(
- Stress Fractures: 1
- Pounds gained while not running because of stress fractures: 9
- Nights spent in hotel rooms: 129
In 2009, so many things happened. MJ is gone, but fortunately the Jonas brothers stepped up to take his place. John Gosslin continued to astound me with his stupidity and Michael Phelps got caught taking a hit off of a bong. For me, 2009 was a year of great highs (not the bong kind) with some deafening lows.
- While I set my marathon PR of 3:29:29 in May, I suffered a stress fracture in September that put me on the couch for 8 weeks.
- In June, I bought a house in Phoenix and sweated my
ballsface off running in the Arizona heat
- In August, I set my weekly mileage PR at 57 miles
- And in October I bought a bike to get myself moving while I couldn’t run
Of course, like I said before, I’m sure that there were LOTS of other things that I can’t remember but none enough to stand out. While I had all sorts of fun in 2009, I can only assume that 2010 will be just as fun if not MORE fun. Like I always say, “If it isn’t fun, we’ll grit our teeth and force it to be fun!”