- I have my follow up appointment with my Sports Medicine doctor on Friday. I am very hopeful that I’ll get the green light to run again. I forgot to mention before that my Sports Med clinic is involved with nearly all of the major sports teams in the area. In fact, when the Chicago Cubs (among others) come to Phoenix for spring training, they serve as the team doctors. When I told this to my buddy in Chicago, he said: “Oh good. Now he’ll heal you up and having you running awesome early, only to crash and burn in September/October.”
- I’ve put together a draft training plan that will get me from 0 miles this week to a marathon on 1/17. It is pretty intense. I’m only going to manage an 18 miler or so before the race. Currently, I think that the over/under on me puking my guts out is mile 22. (In all seriousness, I’m using 1/17 as a training run at my normal long, slow, pace.)
- Instead of going to Atlanta, this week I’m in San Diego. While I wish that I could say that I was going to ‘make it rain’ in the clubs, since I’m staying in the suburbs I think that I’ll be lucky just to find some good seafood. Because - If I can’t find good seafood, I swear to god I’m going to make it rain in Red Lobster…while yelling “bring me another Bahama Mama!”
- This weekend I turned the heater on in my pool / spa for the first time to make sure it worked for my mom/sister to visit. It only took 1.5 hours to take my spa from 60 degrees to 100 degrees. Next stop, getting the spa water hot enough to hard boil eggs. You know, to test the limits of the system.
- Finally, I’ve failed horribly the last two weekends to get out on my bike and put in some quality miles….or any miles. I suppose that the upside is that my ass feels GREAT. But I was starting to get used to the mild saddle soreness that came with a 2+ hour bike ride. I’ve found that my personality is one that I need a very specific plan to follow or else I let life (Read: Sleep) get in the way. That is what prompted me to put together my draft running schedule. I’ll have little time to get back into running shape, so I’ll need to make every run count!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Funny how I can very effectively summarize my goings on via bullets: