I can’t remember the last time that I’ve been so busy to completely unplug and fall off of the radar. I haven’t even looked at Facebook in 4 days!? I spent most of Friday afternoon and the entire weekend finishing up things on the house and running. Here is what I have been up to:
- I ‘supervised’ Geek Squad during their installation of my new TV (pictures to follow). Football season, here.I.COME!!!!!!
- I was able to hang all of the old kitchen cabinets in my garage (pictures to follow). I earned so many man cards this weekend, I think that I will hand them out for Halloween. “Oh Billy, you dressed up as Tinkerbelle again? Instead of candy, this year you get a man card. Use it wisely son.”
- My pool is finally up and running. My brother in law and I last night spent 30 minutes or so messing around with all of the various levers controlling everything. It was complicated! I don’t know how all of those wine-o pool boys do it. Not to mention all of the sun they get to their head.
- I got in a very solid interval run on Friday. 6x800 @ 5:58, 5:31 (!!), 5:57, 5:51, 5:49, 5:51 paces for each of the 800s. Goal pace was around 5:50, so good job there, sort of. I started out at 5:00am PDT on a surprisingly cool day. I believe that it was ~80 degrees. I was talking to one of my best friends afterwards about “how” you are supposed to do these. I jogged between each interval for 400 and honestly walked to recover two times in-between them all – but never longer than 400 and never for all that long. Am I supposed to do it this way?
- On Saturday, I hit a 9 mile MP run @ 7:41 pace. The good news is that my split times were only +/- 10 seconds. In fact, I had a negative split with my last 4 miles clocking in sub 7:33.
- Sunday, 12 miles, 8:25 recovery pace. Sweet, glorious, recovery pace.
- I found out that my neighbor two doors down is a triathlete. In fact, he is currently sporting a full carbon frame Trek and is planning on doing IM AZ. (He also mentioned something about a wife and two daughters – I wasn’t paying any attention) He is now my favorite neighbor.
I have a few ideas rummaging around my head for other posts. Stay tuned! Weekly scheduled mileage this week – 49. Next week? 58.