Bulleted lists make me drunk with organizational POWER!
- I’m nearing a close date on the new house. While I don’t have a date locked down, it will likely be within the next 2 to 3 weeks. My wife and I can’t wait. It doesn’t help that we must go over there at least once a week to take care of the pool. I dropped $250 on chemicals alone this weekend. You’d think that this pool ran on crystal meth! (That would certainly make swimming a lot more ‘fun’). Shoot, I’d put meth in it if I thought that it would be cheaper to operate.
- Work has been interesting. Because I am a contractor, I can be kicked to the curb faster than Larry King buys suspenders. My contract is written in a way that I only stay as long as there is money to pay for me – not a specific time. Well, the money is starting to run out. I figure that I have approximately a month to 6 weeks before I’ll no longer be going to Atlanta. Hopefully, this timeline will work out so that I can take some time off to work on the house. Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific finish date, so I don’t feel comfortable looking for a new project yet. When I do, I’m going to look hard for something on the west coast!
- Running is continuing to progress. I ran 41 miles last week which is my second highest weekly total ever (second only to a marathon week). Since it was only week 5 of 18 in my marathon training plan, I have a feeling that I’m going to be running a LOT more in the future.
- I had dinner with a buddy on Sunday who recently found his first gray hair. He, like I would, freaked out. He didn’t have a full on “buy a Porche” freak out, but I am not sure that I wouldn’t if it were me. (I’d buy an S2000) Fortunately, I THINK that based on my dad I should have a few more years until I have to worry about that. If I do start getting them, I’m totally going to paint 'em with a Sharpie.
- Finally, this weekend my brother in law gave me my first house warming present. (Picture below) It is a picture of me running in Fargo, ND towards my 3:29 finish. I’m even still smiling! Something to hang next to my marathon medals for sure.