Being unstaffed is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I am getting paid (for now) for doing not much. It is the time to work on training, take some vacation, find a new project, as well as work on selling MORE work. On the other hand, more often than not, it means tyring really hard to kill 8 hours a day. Not as easy as it sounds.
So, today I've done the following:
- I'm likely going to charge a few hours of vacation.
- I knocked out some ethics training and learned that it is NOT ok to obtain insider stock trading information. (Dang, there went my retirement strategy.)
- Looked for new roles in a massively large spreadsheet.
- Responded to a few questions about my experience.
- Wrote a new blog post (opps! How'd that slip in there?)
- Scheduled another blog post (Crap, ANOTHER post snuck in!?)